Your opportunity to become the Assistant HR Manager at a hospitality venue where people are their business. With around 350 colleagues in the team, they are seeking an experienced HR generalist to support them as they continue to grow and develop.
You will be assisted by an HR assistant, L&D Manager and Accounts team. In addition to the typical HR responsibilities of time and attendance, employee relations, recruitment, and payroll preparation, you will focus on completing and maximising the benefits that their new HR system can deliver and embedding the mission and values into the operation, to ensure that they continue to attract and retain the brightest and best.
The role is full time for 40 hours per week.
Our Ideal Applicant:
· Experienced generalist HR Supervisor or Team Lead with a leisure/retail/hospitality background
· Able to manage employee relations issues with minimal support
· Prior experience of HR system configuration / implementation
· Comfortable working at both strategic and operational levels, not afraid to roll up your sleeves when required
· Able to demonstrate how you have impacted company culture in a positive way
· Some recruitment, selection and retention skills.
· Excellent working knowledge of UK labour laws.
· Experience at developing and implementing new policies and procedures
· Experience of overseeing payroll (detailed knowledge is not a requirement)
· Excellent standards of literacy and numeracy
· Competent Microsoft Office user
· CIPD level 5 or 7 preferred
· Approachable, down-to-earth, calm, pragmatist with a ‘can-do’ attitude
· A strong ethical ‘compass’
· An enquiring mind, not fazed by the unknown
· The authority and confidence to challenge
· Excellent standards of written and spoken English, smart personal presentation
· Focused on and able to have high energy on employee engagement initiatives across the organisation.
· Complimentary club membership
· Discounted hotel stays
· Contributory pension scheme
· Free parking
Sandiford Green operate as a recruitment business in relation to this role