£40 to £45k
Our client is looking for an Audit and Accounts Senior to assist the partners in the management and delivery of statutory audit (80%) and accounts preparation services (20%) for their Business Client portfolio
- Planning audit assignments, identifying key risks, assessing how to test them, assessing and reviewing the budgets through to completing the audit tests for high risk areas.
- Leading audits, supervising, delegating and reviewing work of trainees.
- Delivering information to clients in a timely manner whilst displaying in-depth client and industry knowledge.
- Monitoring your chargeability and your assignment budgets pro-actively.
- Developing specialist sector knowledge and keep abreast of industry developments .
- Ensure compliance with internal and external standards, rules, and requirements.
- Deal directly with clients in person and on the phone, constantly building strong relationships.
- Identify and understand client’s needs, including sometimes providing initial solutions to client challenges, then communicating these needs to the manager/partner.
- Achieve annual chargeable hours targets.
- Be innovative in the way you approach your work and always look for opportunities to break new ground and create efficiencies.
- Take responsibility for maintaining annual training requirements and be proactive in identifying your own training needs.
- Adhere to internal admin, including billing clients and debt collection where required.
- ACA – ACCA Qualified
- Degree in Accounting Business or Finance
- At least 1/2 years of Auditing Experience
You will be self-motivated, possess a good telephone manner and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively deal with clients, partners, and colleagues. An aptitude for analytical thinking and good attention to detail and the ability to work well as part of a team or on your own are all qualities needed to succeed in this role.
You must be conversant with computer packages, and you will have a willingness to learn new tasks, be organised, reliable and pay excellent attention to detail.
You have good time management skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines and budgets. You can prepare and present information through liaising with other team members and have the understanding and appreciation of other people’s and the Firm’s targets.