Sandiford Green are short-listing for a legal administrator to work as part of a large team of support staff for this well known and respected law firm in Guildford.
Key Skills & Tasks:
Working effectively and efficiently on the Practice Management System to log and record documents
- Undertake all file closing procedures including the processing of archiving and retrieval
- Complete searches at the request of Partners, fee earners, Client Services Leads and Client Services Executives
- Photocopying, printing, scanning, binding and filing tasks
- Supporting the finance team by ensuring that receipts, cheques and billsare correctly loaded to the system
- Any ad hoc duties as requested by the businessPractice Group Specific Tasks:Depending on which Practice Group you are working in there will be some additional tasks specific to that group which may include:
- Producing document packs to be used by the Practice Groups
- Producing court bundles
- Keeping client specific records updated where necessary
- Preparing files for cost assessments
- Undertaking basic Land Registry searches
- Data Subject Access requests
- Checking Companies House for company registration numbers,addresses, director details etc.
- Updating the Practice Group intranet pages
- Additional Practice Group specific administration tasks that are required
- A minimum of six months administration experience with in legal, accountancy, or financial services.
- GCSEs graded A to C to include maths and English (or equivalent levelof qualification)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Solid customer service centric experience and work ethic
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to adapt style and approach
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to deliver work with accuracy
- Demonstrate the ability to use initiative and develop solutions to ensure a good service is provided at all times
- Technically capable on a range of software with an ability to pick up new technological skills through training, both on the job and through specific sessions.