We are short-listing for Paralegals for firms in Guildford, Farnham, Southampton and London. Our clients will consider law graduates and LPCs ideally with experience or an interest in Patent & IP law, PI/Clin Neg, Healthcare and Charity.
Technical ability and knowledge management
- To assist on a range of cases
- To assist in the collating of information and arranging appointments.
- To assist in collating evidence where possible, to include but not exclusively preparing witness statements and simple schedules of loss.
- To deal with the initial calls of prospective clients and to extract information from them .
- To have flexibility and a ‘cando’ attitude and a willingness to get involved in all aspects of supporting the team.
- To undertake any specific training to improve or enhance skill base as requested.
- To be proficient in IT and confident is using the various IT applications in accordance with the training provided.
- Photocopying and documentation collation.
To provide a high quality, professional service to clients and staff in person or on the phone by responding in a prompt, diplomatic and appropriate manner to their needs and/or requests.
- To assist the Lawyer with keeping clients up to date and ensuring the files are efficiently progressed.
- To help manage client needs with an awareness of the commerciality of the claim.
- To proactively assist as requested with Department marketing and networking events.
- To communicate at all times in a clear, polite and calm manner to clients, work colleagues and others and respect their views and the contribution they make.
- To support the effectiveness of the team by being positive and co-operative with all team members particularly the support staff.
- To share in the responsibility of orderly file management for both paper and electronic files.
- To demonstrate commitment to the role, Department and Firm tthrough excellent punctuality, timekeeping and attendance.
- To have an organised approach to work and demonstrate an ability to time manage and prioritise workload to meet deadlines and time recording targets.
- To take initiative for self-development and accept changes and new challenges required to meet individual and Departmental objectives.
- To ensure the confidentiality of all the Firm’s iinformation and client documentation.
A mix of home and office working and salary package dependent on level of practical work experience as a Paralegal.